August 26, 2013

Bout of Books 8.0 Wrap Up


Bout of Books ended yesterday, and I can say I'm fairly satisfied with my participation. My goals were:

To finish:

1) Mansfield Park by Jane Austen - for Austen in August event and Mansfield Park Readalong. I'm already half way through! - finished on Wednesday and followed with Nabokov's lecture on Mansfield Park
2) Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell - for Unputdownables read-a-long, for next week is the last one! - finished on Saturday
3) As You Like It by William Shakespeare - August choice for Let's Read Plays event. - also finished on Saturday
4) Erzählungen by Heinrich Böll for my Language Freak Summer Challenge. - I've read half of the book, which is a good progress, considering I had to look up every fifth word or so!
5) One Thousand and One Nights - I've made a good progress: 163 pages. It doesn't seem to be a lot, but considering the dragging style, it's more than you'd think

To start:

1) The Classics Club spin book: Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh - I haven't started it yet, but I still have plenty of time!

According to my calculations, last week I read 672 pages from 7 different books in 3 different languages. It was a productive read-a-thon!



2 comments:

  1. I love the books you read! Shakespeare is always a great choice, obviously. Mansfield Park is actually the only Austen I haven't read; I really should get on that! And I love Elizabeth Gaskell! Which is really based only on my love of North and South, but it still stands. ♥

    Anyway, congratulations on finishing strong in the readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's some heavy reading for a read-a-thon! Looks like it was a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...